MAGGIE FISHER - PROFILE
My accreditations, registrations and qualifications include:
- UK Council for Psychotherapy Registered Psychotherapist, Approved Supervisor and Training Supervisor
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy - Senior Accredited Member, Psychotherapist, Supervisor
of Individuals and Groups.
- EMDR Therapist
- UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor
- MA Counselling Psychology
- MSc Inter Professional Health and Social Welfare
- Advanced Diploma in Transpersonal Psychotherapy
- Post Qualifying Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People
- Post Qualifying Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- PG Diploma in Counselling
- PG Diploma in Systemic Management
- Diploma in Life Sciences Nursing
- Further Education Teacher's Certificate
I have undertaken additional training including brief therapy, cognitive analytic therapy (CAT), trauma techniques, couple work, stress
management, bereavement, dream work, and creative arts therapies.
I have worked extensively with people with life limiting illness, loss and bereavement.
I have experience:
- As a counsellor and psychotherapist in the NHS and private practice working with individuals including older children, teenagers and couples, in brief and longer term therapy.
- As a senior manager in the voluntary health care sector in palliative care
- In consulting with businesses, the NHS, social services, education and the voluntary sector
- As a Macmillan nurse
- In individual and group clinical, counselling and psychotherapy supervision
- In mentorship of managers and clinicians
- In coaching
I have spoken at national and international conferences, published articles and poetry, co-authored a bereavement training pack and contibuted to a textbook.
I hold the following professional memberships:
I hold full professional and civil liability insurance.
I also hold enhanced DBS (criminal records checks) to work with both Children and Vulnerable Adults.
I abide by the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the codes of ethics of the UK Council for Psychotherapy and the Centre for Transpersonal Psychology.